Monday, January 5, 2015

Best Day Ever

     Day 3, have walked back and forth to my house maneuvered the steps and doorways and most importantly the rocks, all with my walker of course.  I have been trying to go to the house and help with the remodel of my bathroom, which is very little but my cousins son came and helped pull the toilet and sink, thank you so much Micheal Smith.  Peyton and Diane Rhea have a very good son.  Me and my mom dusted and rearranged some things as well.  I mostly sat on the couch.

     The leg is different I still dont feel like I can put my full weight on it.  Its all in my mind Im sure.  This is yet again another set of rules to learn.  Getting ready is more entertaining everyday you get all that crap on and your bout to pull up your britches realize, Well, dang still got my jammies on,  pull your leg off and out of your pants then start all over stand up let it click 6 or 7 times and you are off and running.  Still, its not so bad.

    Right now the prosthetists says I dont need any kind of physical therapy because he says I am a very motivated person.  I hope I dont let him down.  I hope I never have to make a referral but if I had to I would tell to go to Choice Prosthetics and Orthotics, they are absolutely the greatest folks on the planet.  God truly did me a solid and put some really hreat people in my path thru this.

     Now tomorrow back to the retina specialists for my shots in my eyeballs, YUCK!!! apparently the preferred treatment for diabetic retinopathy just one more thing on the list but something that can be controlled with well maintained blood sugars.  One difference I get to walk in there this time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Making progress each time or should I say in small steps. Love you joey.:-)

    ReplyDelete